For those of you higher level athletes, I’ve got a challenge for you.
The Bodyweight Back Squat Challenge.
1. You load the bar to your bodyweight.
2. You have 5 minutes to rep out as many as you can.
3. Time Starts when you un-rack the bar.
4. You MUST go past parallel or it doesnt count.
5. You can rerack the bar but the time doesn’t stop.
6. Don’t puke.
Sounds easy enough, right? I’ve personally done this twice and let me tell you, it’s brutal. However, it’s a great way to challenge yourself and test your endurance, mental toughness and will to succeed. My best was 83 reps at 68kg bodyweight or 150lbs with 70kg(155lbs) loaded on the bar. After the challenge I felt drained but my leg strength shot up almost 10%. Give it a try and let us know how you do and how many reps you complete. The athlete with the most reps will be featured in our next article. Good luck to you all!
Here’s a video of different Athletes performing the challenge:
Featured Photo from Hookgrip: http://thehumancircus.hookgrip.com/more-training-training-with-lu-xiaojun-the-arrival-of-mr-graber/
Video: Bodybuildingrev https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0R68g184ag