There a tons and tons of programs out there that you can pick up from the internet work pretty well. And most of them probably have the basic bodybuilding spit: Monday: Chest & triceps. Tuesday: Back and biceps. Wednesday: Shoulders. etc. Why not change things up a bit?
Summer is coming up and we want to get the most out of our workouts to show off the hard work we’ve done. This program is meant to maximize your gains by using a lot of compound movements to stimulate multiple muscle groups at the same time. This program can be scaled to whatever difficulty you need it to be in order get you the results you want: Build muscle and lose fat.
Military Press: 6 x 5
Back Squat: 5 x 5
Bench Press 5 x 5
Lunges 3 x 8 each leg
Dips: 3 x 10
Planks: 5 x 1 min
Deadlift: 8 x 3
Bent over row: 6 x 5
RDL or Good mornings: 3 x 8
Pull-ups: 6 x As many as possible (use lat pulldown machine if you can’t do pull-ups: 6 x 8)
Seated Cable Row: 4 x 10
Back raises: 4 x 12-15 (add weight if you need)
Box jumps: 5 x 3
Lunges: 3 x 8 each leg
Lateral lunges: 3 x 8 each leg
Dumbbell shoulder press: 4 x 10
Dumbbell incline chest press: 4 x 10
Lateral raises: 5 x 12
Tricep extensions: 5 x 12
Side planks: 4 x 30 sec each side
Russian twist: 4 x 20
Single leg RDL: 3 x 8
Lat pulldown: 4 x 10
Cable Row: 3 x 8
Bicep curls: 3 x 15
Chin ups: 4 x 5 (or use lat pulldown machine palms facing in: 4 x 8)
Side bends: 5 x 8 each side
Cable crunches: 3 x 8
1. Warm up properly
2. Do not try these alone
3. Always use a spotter
4. Make sure you go through the full range of the movements. If there is pain anywhere, then STOP. There is no point in injuring yourself.
5. Keep your ego in check, but at the same time don’t be afraid to go heavy.
6. When you do go heavy, look at tip number 3.
8. Cardio can be done either before or after the workout. Just fit it in some how. If you need a cardio program take a look here: https://bringasathletics.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/sprinting-for-results/
9. Challenge yourself. If you feel the weight is getting easier, go ahead and add more. If you feel like there wasn’t enough sets, add more.
10. Enjoy the process. Times may get tough, but the process is the most important part of any transformation.
Warning: I do not take responsibility for any injuries that may happen during the performance of this program.